The research Dr Lincoln Wood undertakes follows two themes:
- Sustainable and consumer-focused outcomes through supply chain practices, with a particular focus on applications in the construction sector. This includes examining a range of sustainable supply chain practices and consideration of ethical and privacy issues when using supply chain technologies.
- Logistics relationships, dynamics, and the use of technology with a focus on 3PLs and logistics service providers.
Broadly, the articles often fall into either Logistics or Construction Management categories.
Journal references include:
- Wood, L. C., Wang, J. X., Duong, L. N. K., Reiners, T., & Smith, R. (in press). Stock Market Reactions to Auto Manufacturers’ Environmental Failures. Journal of Macromarketing.
- Nimmagadda, S., Reiners, T., & Wood, L. C. (in press). On big data-guided upstream business research and its knowledge management. Journal of Business Research.
- Wood, L. C., & Wang, J. X. (2018). The event study method in logistics research: Overview and a critical analysis. International Journal of Applied Logistics, 8(1), 57-79. doi: https://doi.org/10.4018/IJAL.2018010104
- Duong, L. N. K., Wood, L. C., & Wang, W. Y. C. (2018). A review and reflection on inventory management of perishable products in a single-echelon model. International Journal of Operational Research, 31(3), 313-329.
- Wang, C., Wood, L. C., Li, H., Aw, Z., & Keshavarzsaleh, A. (2018). Applied artificial bee colony optimization (BCO) algorithm in fire evacuation routing system. Journal of Applied Mathematics, 2018, 7962952. doi:10.1155/2018/7962952
- Duong, L. N. K., Wood, L. C., & Wang, W. Y. C. (2018). Effects of consumer demand, product lifetime, and substitution of the performance of inventory models. Sustainability, 10(5), 1559.
- Wood, L. C., Reiners, T., & Srivastava, H. S. (2017). Think exogenous to excel: Alternative supply chain data to improve transparency and decisions. International Journal of Logistics: Research and Applications, 20(5), 426-443.
- Wood, L. C., Wang, J. X., Olesen, K., & Reiners, T. (2017). The effect of slack, time to recall, and diversification on stock market reaction to toy recalls. International Journal of Production Economics, 193, 244-258. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpe.2017.07.021
- Wang, C., Wood, L. C., Abdul-Rahman, H., & Ng, H. B. (2017). Triggering the internationalization of Malaysian quantity surveying firms. Service Business, 11(3), 631-663. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11628-016-0323-4
- Wang, C., Wood, L. C., Lim, A. D., Abdul-Rahman, H., Keshavarzsaleh, A. (2017). Bee colony optimized mass rapid transit routing prototype. ICE-Municipal Engineer, 170(3), 135-150. doi: 10.1680/jmuen.15.00026
- Shi, Y., Arthanari, T. S., & Wood, L. C. (2017). Developing third-party purchase (3PP) services: New Zealand third-party logistics providers’ perspectives. Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, 22(1), 40-57. https://doi.org/10.1108/SCM-06-2016-0189
- Duong, N. K. L., Wood, L. C., Wang, X. J., Wang, W. Y. C. (2017). Transport on-demand in a service supply chain experiencing seasonal demand: Managing persistent backlogs. International Journal of Operations Research, 14(3), 121-138.
- Kukard, W. A., & Wood, L. C. (2017). Consumers’ perceptions of item-level RFID use in FMCG: A balanced perspective of benefits and risks. Journal of Global Information Management, 27(1), 21-42. https://doi.org/10.4018/JGIM.2017010102
- Zainol, R. Wang, C., Wood, L. C., Zulkia, D. R., Nellis, S. (2017). GIS-Aided accessibility assessment for community park planning: Youth-friendly neighborhood parks in Subang Yaya, Malaysia. Journal of Architectural and Planning Research, 34(3), 216-227.
- Abdul-Rahman, H., Wang, C., Wood, L. C., &Ebrahimi, M. (2016). Integrating and ranking sustainability criteria for housing. Engineering Sustainability, 169(1), 3-30. http://dx.doi.org/10.1680/ensu.15.00008
- Wood, L. C., Wang, C., Abdul-Rahman, H., & Abdul-Nasir, N. S. J. (2016). Green hospital design: Integrating quality function deployment and end user demands, Journal of Cleaner Production, 112(1), 903-913.
- Wang, C., Wood, L. C., Abdul-Rahman, H., & Lee, Y. T. (2016). When traditional information technology project managers encounter the cloud: Opportunities and dilemmas in the transition to cloud services, International Journal of Project Management, 34(3), 371-388.
[ABDC=”A”; JIF= 4.328]
- Shi, Y., Arthanari, T. S., & Wood, L. C. (2016). An empirical study of third-party purchase service: New Zealand users’ perspective. Applied Economics, 48(56), 5448-5461. doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/00036846.2016.1178847
- Wang, C., Wood, L. C., & Teo, L. T. (2016). Tropical vertical greenery systems: Irrigation systems, biophysical characteristics, and influential criteria. Journal of Green Building, 11(4), 57-90. doi: 10.3992/jgb.184.108.40.206
- Wang, C., Si, Y., Abdul-Rahman, H., & Wood, L. C. (2015). Noise annoyance and loudness: Acoustic performance of residential buildings in tropics. Building Services Engineering Research and Technology, 36(6), 680-700.
- Hanif, N.-R., Azriyati, W. N., Abdul-Rahman, H., Wang, C., & Wood, L. C. (2015). The challenge of rural life nostalgia: Barriers in redevelopment of Malay Reserve Land (MRL) in Klang Valley. City, Territory and Architecture, 2(3). doi:10.1186/s40410-014-0019-9
- Breidbach, C. F., Reefke, H., & Wood, L. C. (2015). Investigating the formation of service supply chains. The Service Industries Journal, 35(1-2), 5-23.
- Haron, N. A., Abdul-Rahman, H., Wang, C., & Wood, L. C. (2015). Quality function deployment (QFD) modelling to enhance industrialized building system adoption in housing projects. Total Quality Management & Business Excellence, 26(7-8), 703-718.doi: 10.1080/14783363.2014.880626.
- Wang, C., Abdul-Rahman, H., Wood, L. C., Mohd-Rahim, F. A., Zainon, N., & Saputri, E. (2015). Defects of tensioned membrane structures (TMS) in Tropics. Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities, 29(2), 04014049. doi:10.1061/(ASCE)CF.1943-5509.0000530
- Mohd-Rahim, F. A., Wang, C., Boussabaine, H., Abdul-Rahman, H., & Wood, L. C. (2014). Factor reduction and clustering for operational risk in software development. Journal of Operational Risk, 9(3), 53-88.
- Abdul-Rahman, H., Wang, C., Wood, L. C., & Ismail, S. (2014). International joint venture between ASEAN and Gulf: Bidding and delivering Bahrain international Formula-1 circuit. TRAMES: A Journal of the Humanities and Social Sciences. 18(4), 357-382.
- Abdul-Rahman, H., Wang, C., Wood, L. C., & Khoo, Y. M. (2014). Defects in affordable housing projects in Klang Valley, Malaysia. Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities, 28(2), 272-285.
- Abdul-Rahman, H., Wang, C., Wood, L. C., & Low, S. F. (2012). Negative impact induced by foreign workers: Evidence in Malaysian construction sector. Habitat International, 36(4), 433-443.
- Lin, D., Wood, L. C., & Lu, Q. (2012). Improving business incubator service performance in China: The role of networking resources and capabilities. The Service Industries Journal, 32(13), 2091-2114. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/02642069.2011.582498
- Wood, L., & Lu, Q. (2008). Process management in high tech New Zealand firms. International Journal of Innovation and Technology Management, 5(3), 259-278.
- Sankaran, J., & Wood, L. (2007). The relative impact of consignee behaviour and road traffic congestion on distribution costs. Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, 41(9), 1033-1049.
- Lu, Q., & Wood, L. (2006). The refinement of design for manufacture: inclusion of process design. International Journal of Operations & Production Management, 26(10), 1123-1145.
Supply chain management education and technology
With the use of new technologies and information communication technology (ICT), organisations and educational institutions have new opportunities to improve their ability to train and educate staff and students.
- Wood, L. C., Reiners, T., Bastiaens, T. J. (2014). Design perspective on the role of advanced bots for self-guided learning. The International Journal of Technology, Knowledge and Society, 9(4), 187-199.
- Bastiaens, T. J., Wood, L. C., & Reiners, T. (2014). New landscapes and new eyes: The role of virtual world design for supply chain education. Ubiquitous Learning: An International Journal, 6(1), 37-49
Selected book chapters:
- Reiners, T., & Wood, L. C., Teräs, M., Teräs, H., Gregory, S., Chang, V., Fardinpour, A., & McDonald, T. (Forthcoming). Self-guided exploration of virtual learning spaces. In S. Gregory, D. Wood, & S. Scutter (Eds.), Virtual worlds: Facilitating student engagement, creativity and intercultural awareness through authentic learning experiences (pp. XXX-XXX). Springer
- Fardinpour, A., Reiners, T., & Wood, L. C. (Forthcoming). Action-based learning assessment in virtual training environments. In S. Gregory, D. Wood, & S. Scutter (Eds.), Virtual worlds: Facilitating student engagement, creativity and intercultural awareness through authentic learning experiences (pp. XXX-XXX). Springer
- Gregory, S., Reiners, T., Wood, L. C., Teräs, H., Teräs, M., & Henderson, M. (2015). Gamification and digital games based learning in the classroom. In M. Henderson & G. Romeo. (Eds.), Teaching and digital technologies: Big issues and critical questions (pp. 127-141). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Wood, L. C., & Reiners, T. (2015). Storytelling to immersive learners in an authentic virtual training environment. In T. Reiners & L. C. Wood (Eds.), Gamification in Education and Business (pp. 315-330). Cham, Germany: Springer.
- Reiners, T., Wood, L. C., Gregory, S., & Teräs, H. (2015). Gamification design elements in business education simulations. In M. Khosrow-Pour (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Information Science and Technology (3rd ed., pp. 3048-3061). Hershey, PA: Information Science Reference.
- Reiners, T., Wood, L. C., & Dron, J. (2014). From chaos towards sense: A learner-centric narrative virtual learning space. In J. Bishop (Ed.), Gamification for Human Factors Integration: Social, Education, and Psychological Issues (pp. 242-258). Hershey, PA: Business Science Reference.
- Wood, L. C. & Reiners, T. (2013). Game-based elements to upgrade bots to non-player characters in support of educators. In A. Hebbel-Seeger, T. Reiners & D. Schäfer (Eds.), Synthetic Worlds: Emerging Technologies in Education and Economics (pp. 257-277). Berlin, Germany: Springer.
- Reiners, T. & Wood, L. C. (2013). Immersive virtual environments to facilitate authentic education in logistics and supply chain management. In Y. Kats (Ed.), Learning Management Systems and Instructional Design: Best Practices in Online Education (pp. 323-343). Hershey, PA: Information Science Reference.
Selected conference papers:
- Teräs, M., Reiners, T., Wood, L. C., Coldham, G. (2015). nDiVE: Gamified virtual reality environment for Logistics and Supply Chain Management training. CHI 2016.
- Reiners, T., Wood, L. C., Gregory, S. (2014). Experimental study on consumer-technology supported authentic immersion in virtual environments for education and vocational training. In B. Hegarty, J. McDonald, S.-K. Loke (Eds.), Rhetoric and Reality: Critical perspectives on educational technology. Proceedings ascilite 2014 (pp. 171-181). Dunedin, New Zealand: ascilite.
- Reiners, T., Teräs, H., Chang, V., Wood, L. C., Gregory, S., Gibson, D., Petter, N., Teräs, M. (2014). Authentic, immersive, and emotional experience in virtual learning environments: The fear of dying as an important learning experience in a simulation. Teaching and Learning Forum 2014. Perth, WA, Australia: The University of Western Australia.
- Reiners, T., Wood, L. C., Gregory, S., Petter, N., Teräs, H., Chang, V., Gütl, C., & Herrington, J. (2013). nDiVE: The story of how logistics and supply chain management could be taught. In H. Carter, M. Gosper & J. Hedberg (Eds.), Electric Dreams. Proceedings ascilite 2013 Sydney (pp. 734-744). Sydney, NSW, Australia: ascilite.
- Wood, L. C., Teräs, H., Reiners, T, & Gregory, S (2013). The role of gamification and game-based learning in authentic assessment within virtual environments. In S. Frielick, N. Buissink-Smith, P. Wyse, J. Billot, J. Hallas, & E. Whitehead (Eds.), Research and Development in Higher Education: The Place of Learning and Teaching, 36 (pp. 514 – 523). Auckland, New Zealand; HERDSA.
- Wood, L. C. & Reiners T. (2012). Gamification in logistics and supply chain education: Extending active learning. Internet Technologies and Society (pp. 101-108). Perth, WA, Australia: IADIS Press.
- Reiners, T., Wood, L. C., Chang, V., Guetl, C., Herrington, J., Gregory, S., & Teräs, H. (2012). Operationalising gamification in an educational authentic environment. Internet Technologies and Society (pp. 93-100). Perth, WA, Australia: IADIS Press.
- Wood, L. C., & Reefke, H. (2010). Working with a diverse class: Reflections on the role of team teaching, teaching tools and technological support. IADIS International Higher Education Conference 2010 (pp. 72-79). Perth, WA, Australia: IADIS Press.