Recent work involves productivity and quality improvements in the construction industry. With multiple firms involved, construction activities are complex and are challenged by gaining efficiencies and ensuring effective quality.
Journal references include:
- Wood, L. C., Wang, C., Abdul-Rahman, H., & Abdul-Nasir, N. S. J. (2016). Green hospital design: Integrating quality function deployment and end user demands, Journal of Cleaner Production, 112(1), 903-913.
- Abdul-Rahman, H., Wang, C., Wood, L. C., & Ebrahimi, M. (in press). Integrating and ranking sustainability criteria for housing. Engineering Sustainability.
- Wang, C., Si, Y., Abdul-Rahman, H., & Wood, L. C. (2015). Noise annoyance and loudness: Acoustic performance of residential buildings in tropics. Building Services Engineering Research and Technology, 36(6), 680-700.
- Haron, N. A., Abdul-Rahman, H., Wang, C., & Wood, L. C. (2015). Quality function deployment (QFD) modelling to enhance industrialized building system adoption in housing projects. Total Quality Management & Business Excellence, 26(7-8), 703-718.doi: 10.1080/14783363.2014.880626.
- Wang, C., Abdul-Rahman, H., Wood, L. C., Mohd-Rahim, F. A., Zainon, N., & Saputri, E. (2015). Defects of tensioned membrane structures (TMS) in Tropics. Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities, 29(2), 04014049. doi:10.1061/(ASCE)CF.1943-5509.0000530
- Abdul-Rahman, H., Wang, C., Wood, L. C., & Ismail, S. (2014). International joint venture between ASEAN and Gulf: Bidding and delivering Bahrain international Formula-1 circuit. TRAMES: A Journal of the Humanities and Social Sciences. 18(4), 357-382.
- Abdul-Rahman, H., Wang, C., Wood, L. C., & Khoo, Y. M. (2014). Defects in affordable housing projects in Klang Valley, Malaysia. Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities, 28(2), 272-285.
- Abdul-Rahman, H., Wang, C., Wood, L. C., & Low, S. F. (2012). Negative impact induced by foreign workers: Evidence in Malaysian construction sector. Habitat International, 36(4), 433-443.