Dr Lincoln C Wood is an Associate Professor (equivalent to a full professor in the US system) at the University of Otago (New Zealand), the Associate Dean for Postgraduate Programmes at the Otago Business School, and an adjunct Research Fellow at Curtin University (Perth, Western Australia). He earned his PhD at the University of Auckland and received the Council of Supply Chain Management Professional’s (CSCMP) Young Researchers Award in 2009. His research has been selected for the Outstanding Research Award at the 2010 International Higher Education Conference in Perth. He has worked on numerous grants and research projects that have secured external funding. He currently serves as an Associate Editor at the Journal of Supply Chain Management and the Journal of Cleaner Production.
His research follows two broad themes:
- Sustainable and consumer-focused outcomes through supply chain practices, with a particular focus on applications in the construction sector. This includes examining a range of sustainable supply chain practices and consideration of ethical and privacy issues when using supply chain technologies.
- Logistics relationships, dynamics, and the use of technology with a focus on 3PLs and logistics service providers.
Dr Wood has published in leading journals, including:
- Transportation Research Part B: Methodological
- International Journal of Production Economics
- The Journal of Cleaner Production
- Resources, Conservation and Recycling
- Supply Chain Management: An International Journal
- International Journal of Operations & Production Management
- Annals of Operations Research
- Journal of Business Research
- Production Planning and Control
- International Journal of Project Management
- Journal of Macromarketing
Other publications have appeared in a range of journals, conferences, and book chapters. Dr Wood has authored over 100 peer-reviewed publications.
Dr Wood's work in supply chain management research and teaching have received recognition, including:
- 2020 - Best Reviewer (2019) for the Journal of Supply Chain Management.
- 2019 - Voted one of the top 10 global peer reviewers by Publons (over all scientific categories, based on editor feedback at leading journals).
- 2012 - Voted second-best speaker overall at the Global Logistics in Mining 2012 conference; received in London (UK).
- 2010 – Submission selected for the Outstanding Research Award at the IADIS conference, International Higher Education 2010 (IHE 2010); received in Perth (Western Australia)
- 2009 – Recipient of the annual Council of Supply Chain Management Professional's (CSCMP) Young Researcher Award 2009; received in Chicago (IL, USA).
Webpages and contact details: